Thursday 9 February 2017

Lay it Out Thursday with Imelda - Process #10 * Enjoy

Hello friends of the scrapbooking world! Hope all is well with everyone and that you are having a fabulous week! I am very excited for the coming weeks as many new things are happening.

While in Jamaica I received an email from the school board letting me know that I am now a substitute teacher! I attended my orientation and my start date is February 21st! Very excited lady over here!

Also, this past weekend I attended the Crop 4 The Cure in Oakville. This is an amazing 24 hour crop event to raise money to fight Cancer. I attended with my mom and sisters, after about 14 hours the giggles start to take over. It was great to get together and have some creative fun!

Here is the first layout I created this weekend.



I used the Studio Calico kit Lollipop Guild. I loved the colours and wintery feel of the vellum shapes. The majority of the kit was red and pink but I was able to take the blue and grey accents and make them the focus. I love the way I was able to reverse the colour focus. 




I started with a white sheet of paper (from my stash) and used a star stencil with some clear texture paste. I love this paste since it has a larger grit which looks similar to glitter. 



Next I cut my photos down to 2x2 and matted them first on black then white card stock. I have been quite obsessed lately with using tulle in my layouts and so I just had to use it again. I layered some behind my photos and used the blue pattern paper as a shelf. 


 Next I used the beautiful vellum shapes to create the base for my embellishment clusters. Again, I love the tulle and felt that layering the brighter colours under it gave a softer feel. I then added some of the awesome enamel stars - I love the grey and mint colours - and some Heidi Swapp colour shine splatters in black.



I tried to adhere the rubber stars with hot glue but they just fell off so I had to opt for some wet glue. Lastly, I couldn't decide on a title, I really wanted to use the gold alphas that were included in the kit but felt they were just too big. The "Enjoy" epoxy sticker was just perfect!!

Thanks for visiting today! Please let me know how you are doing. Do you have a better method of attaching rubber embellishments? Do you ever use tulle in your pages? I'd love to see what you come up with.

Hope you enjoy the process video!




xo Imelda

No comments:

Post a Comment