Thursday 23 February 2017

Lay it Out Thursday with Imelda * Love in Negril - Process #14

Hi Everyone! 
Thanks so much for joining me on this beautiful day (very sunny weather for this time of year in Canada).  I created this layout at the Crop 4 the Cure that I attended a few weekends ago. I used the Arendal Studio Calico Kit from January 2016.  



At the crop, Sassy Scrapping had an amazing 50/50 draw. The prize was 50% of the total raise through the purchase of her squares, to spend at her store! I always say "I never win anything" but this time was different! I won $120 worth of products! She had so much to chose from that I had to make a few trips throughout the night.  The thickets I used for the title were not part of the kit but rather part of the products I won.  The washi tape I used under the title was also part of the products I won. It is by Little B.


This time, much like last time, I used tulle. I just love the beautiful texture, and softness it gives. I stitched that on, and thought I wanted to stitch through the thickets but I felt it would be too much, it's also why I didn't stitch along the border of the entire layout.


I used the chipboard frames and die cut pieces from the kit to layer under my photos. I kept within the peach, teal, cream and mint colours. The geometric heart was just adorable and I and to use it. 


The bow clip was part of my stash and I now can't even remember where it came from! So sorry, but it is quite adorable! I also used the enamel dots from my stash that I purchased at Michaels, as well as my gold Heidi Swapp Colour Shine. I just can't seem to leave it off a layout recently!  That is basically it for this layout. You can view the process video below.  


As you might see at the start of the video, I am trying to refer to a sketch but don't end up sticking with it as I felt the photos were too big. Anyhow, the layout seemed to come together naturally, and easily. It's amazing how it happens when you limit yourself to the amount of products you are using. 

I used to separate my kits into my stash but I just became too overwhelmed trying to choose elements to coordinate.  I have since learned to store my kits as they arrive and only then add to my stash once they start to get a bit sparse. 

Hope you are all having a great week and have an even better weekend! See you next week! 

xo Imelda



No comments:

Post a Comment