Thursday 19 January 2017

Lay it Out Thursday with Imelda - Scrapbook Process #8 *Happy as a Sparkle

Hi Everyone! 

Things have been quite busy here since the hubby and I are traveling to Jamaica for a destination wedding this week! 💕 Can't wait to relax and enjoy some time in the sun with friends. Canada is having some typical winter weather, Tuesday school buses were even cancelled.

I am entering the Stuck? Sketches challenge for January. You can see the challenge here. I was super inspired by not only the sketch but all the featured layouts created by the design team and the featured layouts. 

Here is the sketch. 

I chose to scrapbook some photos of my daughter and I. We were out for lunch at a local Mexican restaurant.  yum!!!


I used mostly the November 2014 Studio Calico Kit 'Park Ave' and other elements from my stash. The inspiration for the layout, other than the photos, were the coloured transparency pieces. I loved the mix of pink and purple and I really loved the chipboard diamonds with the touches of gold. 

The inspiration for the title comes directly from my daughter. It is actually a something she said that stuck with me and absolutely personifies her personality and positivity. We were hanging out one day and she was in an exceptionally good mood. She was acting quite silly and so I asked her what was up.  She proceeded to answer "I'm just so happy. I'm happy as a sparkle!" Since then, I have wanted to use this as a title for a layout of her sweet happy face! 

Loved the soft touch of lace, stitching and tulle. The pink, purple and gold contrasted against the black and white, I think, worked beautifully!


I had so much fun creating this layout and hope that you will check out the process video. 




Thank you so much for taking the time to visit! Hope you enjoy the video and subscribe to our channel. 
Have a great weekend! 

xo Imelda

10 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, love the gorgeous layering and photo collage! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laura!! it was a lot of fun! so much great inspiration over there!

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the doily and the pops of black! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly! I had a lot of fun with this challenge. I will be back to play again!

      Delete
  3. The colors are so nice, and I love the background and the tulle! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natsuko. I am really in love with the tulle right now!
      Great inspiration over at Stuck?! Sketches

      Delete
  4. Pretty layout! I love the details. Thanks for playing along with Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Doris!
      I am well! hope you are too!

      Delete